Malvern Primary School will provide an education that enables all students to achieve their full potential within a safe andcaring environment.
Malvern Primary School will offer an education that strives for academic excellence and provide an inclusive, balanced learning program, rich in experiences. The School will provide opportunities for each student to become a responsible global citizen, capable of meeting the challenges of our changing world.
At Malvern Primary School we:
Malvern Primary School provides educational programs that foster:
- The development of self-esteem, confidence and emotional security
- A supportive, caring and positive learning environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Interest, participation, teamwork and support
- A sense of social awareness and respect for cultural diversity within the school and beyond
- Courtesy, co-operation, self-discipline and individual responsibility.
Malvern Primary School is committed to the spirit and principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948), in particular, that education:
- Is directed to:
- The full development of the human personality; and
- The strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- Promotes understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups; and
- Furthers the activities of the communities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
A Malvern Primary Global Citizen:
- is a member of the community who understands that actions can have consequences both locally and globally.
- has an understanding of who they are,
- consistently demonstrates empathy,
- is open to other perspectives,
- is curious about the world,
- is willing to engage with people of other cultures, and
- is prepared to take action.
The definition of internationalism/interculturalism for Malvern Primary is “an appreciation of the world, its cultures and the ways in which people interact.”
How do we put that definition into practice?
- Malvern Primary will provide students with opportunities to learn about the world and its cultures in order to develop the attributes of Global Citizenship.