The following sites will help students to understand Cybersafety:
- How Cybersafe are you? – a Cybersafety Quiz by the ACMA
- Cybersafety activities for:
Web 2.0 Applications
Some applications used within the school are:
- Build your wild self – an application provided by the New York Zoo.
- Wordle – Create a beautiful aggregation of any amount of text
- Tagxedo – Like Wordle but a step farther as text can be used to build bigger images
- Tag Galaxy
- Storybird – write and publish an on-line story with pictures
- Text GIF Generator
- Fodey newspaper head;lines and animations
- Be Funky – allow you to animate or modify pictures & images
- On-line Newspaper templates
- Prezi – Innovative way to share presentations without PowerPoint
- Wallwisher – An online notice board maker (or bulletin board if you choose)
- Voki – avatar maker – Get your own avatar and even have it talk with your voice
- Scratch – Create and share stories, games, art, etc.
Big Huge Labs
- Motivator – Create your own motivational poster.
- Badgemaker – Create your own badges.
- Mosiacmaker – Create your mosaics using your pictures.
- Movie Poster maker – Create your movie poster.
- Calendar maker – Create your monthly calendar.
- Magazine cover maker – Create your magazine cover.
- Trading Card maker – Create your trading card fronts.
- Find a Sound Search Engine
- Edutech list of Web 20 tools by the task being done.
- Web2.0 Guru – a list of Web 2.0 tools and applications.
21st Century Tools and Resources
The following links provide a range of information sites and tools to help with researching on the Internet and using the Internet.
- Home page of the 21st century information fluency skills
- A series of 21st century internet search challenges:
- Resources to aid in teaching and learning how to search the internet.
- Specialized Wizards to assist in finding information, evaluating the information retrieved and citing the information used.